All text, concepts and images ©2009 - 2021 Debra Healy
unless otherwise stated.


Monday, March 21, 2011

In Paris, Books & Beasts


 Over the years I have found many shops that I adore in Paris.
I collect rare books and works of art on paper, so many
of my favorite shops are book shops, and  
one of my favorite book shops is 


Perhaps I am prejudiced  because I have found several copies of the French edition of my fist book Tiffany et les joailliers americins there.   They sell beautiful contemporary art, style, and design books. They have a very fine rare book department.
Below are a few selections from their current  catalog.

 catalog cover
18 magnificent watercolors, ballet costumes circa 1750
bound in a leather volume
Jazz by Henri Matisse, 1947 in a decorative binding (reliure) by  Renee Haas.
From a limited edition of 250, signed by the artist.
 They also have a gallery.The current exhibition is a delight. 
Sisters Nicole Jacobs and Aude Goalec have created a Papier-mâché menagerie full of poetry and humor.
Working over wire mesh armatures with paper and glue from weekly's, daily's and magazines. They play off of the words, forms, and the connotations of the actual medium.



Ane

Oie


Contact Thierry Meaudre at chez Lardanchet  Here

No comments: